Finished goal of running the distance of 2,080 miles from Lafayette, LA to Washington D.C and back!!!...plus 339.1 miles


0.0 miles run this week.
Daily running average for the week is 0.00 miles per day.
Total amount run in the past 800 days is 2,419.1 miles.
Daily running average overall is 3.02 miles per day.

Day7 Sunday 09/05/10

Today marks one whole week of running every single day and I am both reluctant and curious to see how far behind I am on maintaining my average of 2.62 miles per day. I ran 1.9 miles today and that makes a total of 12.9 miles that I ran for the week. 12.9 divided by a week is 1.84 miles. So I need to average 0.78 more miles per day and I need to catch up on the mileage deficit I have created for myself in this first week.

I am kind of excited about the deficit I have to get rid of. I blame no one but myself and I intend to take it on one day at a time. I am going to have to re-prioritize the things that I hold as important and conform to the most efficient path possible of not only overcoming my deficit but to have extra miles to put in the bank over the course of this term.

Now, if I were Barack Obama I would more than likely blame others for the short comings in my mileage, I would blame my shoes for being too heavy and my t-shirt for not being breathable enough or sweat absorbent enough for the task before me. Then I, as Barack Obama, would probably pay the parties responsible for this atrocity every penny I had to make lighter shoes and more moisture resistant t-shirts so that I, Barack Obama, could achieve the goal I promised everybody I would achieve. But I am not Barack Obama and I do take full responsibility for my faults. And I will also work as hard as I can to achieve my goal with no excuses. If I do not achieve the goals I have laid out for this campaign then I implore you to lose all credibility in me and to never re-elect to invest time in my ideas again or to consider my intentions as worthy.

I hope the same judgment will be passed on Barack Obama in November of 2012 and, more importantly, on our Senate and House of Representatives in November of 2010.

2,067.1 miles to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment