Finished goal of running the distance of 2,080 miles from Lafayette, LA to Washington D.C and back!!!...plus 339.1 miles


0.0 miles run this week.
Daily running average for the week is 0.00 miles per day.
Total amount run in the past 800 days is 2,419.1 miles.
Daily running average overall is 3.02 miles per day.

Day242 Thursday 04/28/11

700 miles!!!
ran 3.5 miles

I passed the 700-mile mark today! The total amount of miles I have set as a goal is 2,080 so 700 miles is over one-third of the way. When I started this blog and began running these miles I was unsure whether I’d be able to deliver informative posts on a daily basis or whether I’d have the drive to actually run every single day. After nearly 7 months and 700 miles, I have observed that Barack Obama and his presidency are bottomless sources of debate with numerous new issues materializing every twenty-four hours and that the human body is an amazing thing.

The challenge of running one single mile on the first day was grueling. Day by day, I began to wonder if seeing this thing through was a reasonable idea. What keeps me going is the idea that if Barack Obama does find his way to a second term in 2012, I simply wanted to be able to say that I did everything within my limited power to stand up and fight that possibility. I can write and I can run. These are the two strongest things I have to bring to the table of “getting involved” and I love every day of it!

The blog is steadily growing in viewer-ship and, considering the 2012 presidential election is still quite far away, I hope to see it grow some more. Thank you for keeping up with Running Against Obama and I hope you will continue to read the blog.

If you keep up with this blog, or if you’re new to it, please check out the Running Against Obama facebook page and give it a “like”. You can also become a “follower” on the blog.

Thanks for reading!

1,378.9 miles to go.

3 comments:

  1. I've been liking to read your blog because I like to talk about current issues. Even if I view your blog as a poisonous fire fueling American politics today, I realize you may think the same of my views.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what to say. I definitely want to avoid insulting your views or using descriptive terms to interpret your opinions that hold the same characteristics as dragon breath. I sort of feel like your insulting my ideas, yet you just had a realization of exactly how divided this country is right now...so, you felt like, in an underhanded way, admitting that everything is relative, and that no matter how hard you try, life is simply a constant struggle to balance the personal battles each one of us is fighting and at the same time controlling the chaos of existence all around us.

    Yes, I obviously disagree with you on the matter of Barack Obama. It is what it is. This blog is a product of my feeling compelled to savor every last drop of blood, sweat, and tears that so many men and women have fought so hard and died or suffered for since this country was conceived. All of that sacrifice was for the freedom to do things like this blog.

    Coincidentally, this morning, a reader expressed to me that he hopes I get hit by a semi while I am running and that he would like to have a tea party to follow immediately after my death.

    People are different. That, unfortunately, was the most intelligent way for him to express himself. But that's okay. If you are intent on countering what I post about for the next year and seven months, go for it. But all I am doing is running every single day, which is no small task, and writing, which is something I love to do, all for a cause that I feel passionate about. If that is poison and this blog is a rattle snake then I would recommend you quit visiting the nest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm sorry for insulting your position with negative language. I definitely wish you the best unlike the reader you mentioned. I just catch bits and pieces of shows like O'Rielly, Hannity, Walton and Johnson and they just come off as complete jerks to me. They spin ever single issue in a negative light against Obama. If he does something good they ignore it or don't want to hear about it. Just as people take pride in the country, people take pride in the president. It's equally insulting to their intelligence to say they elected a marxist who is in the process of destroying the country. If I do counter your opinion up until the election, it is not for the sake of countering but for the sake of debate.

    J

    ReplyDelete