Finished goal of running the distance of 2,080 miles from Lafayette, LA to Washington D.C and back!!!...plus 339.1 miles


0.0 miles run this week.
Daily running average for the week is 0.00 miles per day.
Total amount run in the past 800 days is 2,419.1 miles.
Daily running average overall is 3.02 miles per day.

Day299 Friday 06/24/11

ran 3.3 miles
One day away. I’m pretty excited about hitting 300 days. It is getting close to a year now that I have been running against the President of the United States of America. That seems like a questionable thing to do on the surface but our Constitution allows every man and woman the right to speak out when they feel America, a nation that was intended to be governed by the people and represented by elected officials, is being led down an unconstitutional path. Our president’s approval rating is a reflection of just how dissatisfied America is, and Congress’ approval numbers are fighting for breath somewhere around 20%. The government is ruling and the people are going unheard.

June 30 will open up my eleventh month. This thing started out as an idea in a notebook, involving a lot of rambling and frustration that led me to acknowledge for the first time in my life that I firmly believe in the Declaration of Independence and everything this country has fought for since it was written.

When I look at the regressions Progressivism, or Liberalism, are forging an unnatural path toward, and the unexplainable trailblazing they are making, the only solace I can find at the end of the day is the meaningless ability to be able to say, “I told you so” once it is too late. But it will be too late. My ultimate opinion of Barack Obama at this point is that he will either earn the title-belt of worst president since Jimmy Carter or he will somehow win a second term and America, as we know it, will end. America will continue but it will be over as we once knew it.

As I said, this thing started out in a notebook. Day after day, speaking with different people and hearing others express the same frustrations I had felt with the direction America was heading, which all had led to the same thing---overwhelming disappointment and no action---inspired me to do something, regardless of how few listened, something, instead of just throwing my hands up in the air and feeling helpless.

In this notebook I began jotting down ideas and thinking about the American history that has led us to this point. I discovered the strongest sense of pride and appreciation I had ever felt for all of the men and women who have given their lives or sacrificed above their means to fight for rights we take for granted like voting, freedom of speech, and freedom of religion, just to name a few.

So, one day while sitting in traffic in Lafayette, Louisiana, I turned to my wife and told her that I would like to run against Obama every single day until November 6, 2012. I proposed my idea to her, which is this blog and the miles I run everyday, and she supported me. For that, among an infinite number of other reasons, I love her. She has sacrificed a lot of patience and time for me to pursue this goal I’ve set for myself and as this first year is nearing an end I am truly realizing how fortunate I am to have such an amazing wife. And my ultimate goal with this blog and running all of these miles is to be able to share the life my wife and I want to have together and to be able to raise our children in the America that we want them to experience.

It is not Barack Obama’s America.

1,196.1 miles to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment