Finished goal of running the distance of 2,080 miles from Lafayette, LA to Washington D.C and back!!!...plus 339.1 miles


0.0 miles run this week.
Daily running average for the week is 0.00 miles per day.
Total amount run in the past 800 days is 2,419.1 miles.
Daily running average overall is 3.02 miles per day.

Day304 Wednesday 06/29/11

900 miles!!!

ran 3.2 miles

I broke 900 miles tonight and I could not be more excited to have surpassed the final century-mark before reaching one thousand miles---all out of concentrated passion to contribute what little I can to turn America around and to emphasize the importance of denying Barack Obama a second term.

Coincidentally, tomorrow will end the tenth month of running against Obama and, after 304 days of running, I can say it has not been easy but the frustration and disappointment Barack Obama’s ideas and policies have weighed us down with is what keeps me going. Daily, I draw inspiration from the words that come out of his mouth to continue putting one foot in front of the other to silence him on November 6, 2012.

To sum up the past 900 miles and 304 days, around 300 miles into running against Obama my left leg, over a matter of days, became almost useless. I limped when I walked and I was unable to continue running for eleven, or maybe thirteen days. Unaware that the soles of running shoes literally expire in what seems like overnight after 250 to 300 miles, resulting in general pain ranging from your toes all the way up your leg, I finally purchased two new pairs of shoes that I have been alternating for the past 600 miles. Right on schedule, now my right leg is hurting from top to bottom and I need new shoes again. The consistency is right on, every 300 miles. Then a couple months ago I got sick and sat out for five or six days. For any runners out there I thought that might be interesting, how long shoes last, and it varies with body weight and other subtle variations in body types and running tendencies.

The couple times I had to sit out were disheartening but it’s simply part of being human. If anything, my desire to demonstrate, through a peaceful and healthy method of protesting our president’s actions, was increased by wanting to not only catch up on the days I had lost but to surpass the goal I had initially set for myself.

The distance from the city I live in, Lafayette, Louisiana, to Washington D.C. and back is 2,080 miles and that was the distance I had set for myself to run between August 30, 2010 and November 6, 2012. That averages out to roughly 2.62 miles per day. My average right now is 2.96 miles per day and I am 104 miles ahead of schedule.

Thanks for keeping up with the blog and I hope you keep reading. Check out my facebook page to and give it a “like” if you want to follow.

1,179.5 miles to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment