Finished goal of running the distance of 2,080 miles from Lafayette, LA to Washington D.C and back!!!...plus 339.1 miles


0.0 miles run this week.
Daily running average for the week is 0.00 miles per day.
Total amount run in the past 800 days is 2,419.1 miles.
Daily running average overall is 3.02 miles per day.

Day366 Tuesday 08/30/11

Year 2

ran 3.2 miles

Today is the first day of a new year of running against Obama. I am going to begin adding a link at the top of each post, which will lead to what was posted on that day one year before. It will look something like this:LinkHere is what was happening one year ago today on Day1 of running against Obama.

Thanks again for reading and keeping up with the miles. I am excited about beginning the second year of this campaign and I appreciate your support! There has been plenty to write about on a daily basis so far and I doubt events will get any less exciting.

I feel no different about the reasons I listed on Day1 for running against Obama. Considering how fragile our economy is and how its condition worsens minute by minute in giant strides, it is not only counterproductive but extremely dangerous to the mere $0.60 of each dollar we are able to salvage when things like Obamacare, stimulus packages, and entitlements run-a-muck are devouring our path to progress. We only continue to fall behind. It requires little vision to see where the path we are on will lead if sweeping reforms on how the federal government conducts its wasteful business are not taken.

Regarding the Tea Party, in my opinion, conservatives have the Tea Party and liberals have the unions. If you were to conduct the slightest amount of research into the behavior of these two factions, I think you would find that one represents a bully demanding others’ lunch money and the other represents a simple desire for this country to not go broke and for individuals to try harder to pay for their own lunches. I do not find it necessary to distinguish which is which.

Barack Obama is expected to announce a big jobs plan next week and I think I speak for many others than myself when I say that I cannot wait to see what this long awaited solution will be. My prediction is another stimulus package of some sort followed by random acts of taxation from every direction.

I’ll finish tonight with one of the most dismal statistics I have found: In 2010, close to 47% of households paid no federal income tax. Many of these people even received tax returns…when they paid nothing. One must stand on their head to comprehend this kind of stuff---and there is so much more in Washington D.C. to view from upside down.

993.1 miles to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment