Finished goal of running the distance of 2,080 miles from Lafayette, LA to Washington D.C and back!!! 339.1 miles

0.0 miles run this week.
Daily running average for the week is 0.00 miles per day.
Total amount run in the past 800 days is 2,419.1 miles.
Daily running average overall is 3.02 miles per day.

Day431 Thursday 11/03/11

ran 3.6 miles
I remember watching videos like this over a year ago for the riots in Greece. I was shocked to see what was happening and even more shocked by how many people were saying that this would happen in America. At the time I didn't believe I would ever see this degree of protesting and rioting on our own soil. But, sure enough, here it is.

For so long, American government has revolved around a two-party system of Democrats and Republicans. We were all born into this enduring system and it is all we have ever known. It is a challenge to envision anything different that we can all at least half way agree on. But something is unfolding right before our eyes. It is no longer about party in the capacity that you have views that are similar to one or the other and you, therefore, vote for that party. This country is looking less and less Republican and Democratic. It is comprised of those who pay taxes and those who don't. Roughly 53% of Americans pay federal taxes. We pay these taxes because our households earn more than (I can't remember the exact figure) twenty-something thousand dollars per year. The other 47% do not earn that bare minimum and they in turn suck off the teat of the government like milk-drunken babies. While the achievers currently hold a modest majority, the under-achievers are creeping closer and closer to an overpowering number that is comprised of an utter lack of logic and all rationality. Our traditional two-party system is being taken over by two new parties. I don't know what their names will be, but one feels entitled to anything they desire regardless of how lazy they are and the other understands they are not entitled to anything unless they earn it.

785.8 miles to go.

Here is what happened one year ago on Day66.

No comments:

Post a Comment