Finished goal of running the distance of 2,080 miles from Lafayette, LA to Washington D.C and back!!!...plus 339.1 miles


0.0 miles run this week.
Daily running average for the week is 0.00 miles per day.
Total amount run in the past 800 days is 2,419.1 miles.
Daily running average overall is 3.02 miles per day.

Day600 Friday 04/20/12

600 DAYS!!!

ran 3.7 miles
Today is a big milestone and I'd like to take this opportunity to restate exactly why I have run an average of 3.09 miles per day for the last 600 days.  I run these miles because they represent something I earn by working hard and because they are a product of my hard work that cannot be taken away from me.  These miles are a sort of nontaxable currency that purchase a unique sense of freedom and liberty that our government is incapable of administrating.  This sense of freedom and liberty I am describing stands on the pillars of individual accountability and a government that governs least as possible.

No president can divide the miles I run or the desire I have to achieve my goals by various others’ desire to accept mediocrity or even failure as an American way of life; open mouths reliant on the government's teat---our current president relies on the determination of many to pay for the shortcomings of many others.  This he calls “paying one’s fair share".  Our president is determined to convince the people he leads that they are somehow entitled to the rewards others have earned. 

I run because it is the one thing I thought of to do that Congress could not regulate or limit.  They cannot tell me how, when, or where to run my miles.  No federal government can tax or redistribute my miles.  No IRS can audit or seize my miles.  No government regulatory agency can minimize or maximize the amount of miles I want to run or the amount of days I choose to run them.

I think this is what freedom and liberty were intended to feel like and no one can give you these two items but yourself.  No government can legislate freedom and liberty.  They can take it away, but they cannot convene on how to distribute it.  Freedom and liberty must be earned individual by individual, on their own merits. 

Thank you for following this blog over the last 600 days!

227.2 miles to go.

Here is what happened one year ago on Day235.

No comments:

Post a Comment