Finished goal of running the distance of 2,080 miles from Lafayette, LA to Washington D.C and back!!!...plus 339.1 miles


0.0 miles run this week.
Daily running average for the week is 0.00 miles per day.
Total amount run in the past 800 days is 2,419.1 miles.
Daily running average overall is 3.02 miles per day.

Day3 Wednesday 09/01/10

I had to face some minor adversity today in the form of inclement weather as I ran. When I got off work, already tired, legs growing more and more sore each day as I adjust to this new regimen, it was pouring down rain. The streets were steaming and the humidity was smothering. I am not complaining, in fact I welcome adversity, just documenting today’s scenario. I managed to outdo yesterday’s distance by a small fraction. I ran 2 miles exactly surpassing yesterday by a tenth of a mile.

After only three days I immediately realize that this new activity is going to change my daily routines in a lot of ways. For example, I really enjoy tinkering around outside in my yard and I enjoy building things. The new running and blog posting have been very time-consuming leaving me less time and energy to do much else. I like the challenge, though. I am just looking very forward to getting used to this transition and adapting to it.

On a separate note, regarding the whole reason I am doing all of this, an exciting and potentially historical time is coming up on Tuesday, November 2. On this day Americans will vote for the Senators and Representatives they want to work alongside Barack Obama for the next two years. I get chills every time I think of what the new seat ratio will be between the democrats and republicans. There is a huge chance that the scale could tip drastically, more so than any time in recent history, away from where it rests now. And I am not talking about beefing up the left side. If republicans become a significant heavyweight during Obama’s last two years of his term, which I think is highly likely, they would solidify a huge barrier to contain the dangerous changes he adamantly wants to make to this country. On the contrary, my stomach sinks to imagine another two years, as things are now, or even worse, the scary possibility of the left becoming stronger. November will either be his change or our change.

Please vote! I almost feel hypocritical ending those two words with an exclamation point because I had never voted one single time until Barack Obama had run for president. So I am new to voting. But I can say without a doubt that whatever happens early this November will likely be a foreshadowing of what is to come in November of 2012.

2,074.8 miles to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment